Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What looks like something Harry Potter related . . .

 . . . but really has nothing to do with Harry Potter at all?

Hint:  That new widget in my sidebar.

Actually, that wasn't a hint.  That was the answer.

I suck at this game.

So folks, I might actually try to commit to something again.  It's called The Rule of Three Blogfest.  And 'blogfest' is indeed one word.  No space.  I checked.

Oddly enough, it doesn't have anything to do with the TV show Charmed either.  It's a thing being done in October where people write a 2k word short story divided up into four parts.  Each 500 word segment is posted every Wednesday.  The story must have 3 characters, respond to a variety of prompts posted on Fridays and take place in a fictional town called Renaissance which sounds a little like a place called Twin Peaks.

Diane, it's 11:26pm and . . .

And I have a character spinning around my head right now.  This is the first thing they've said.

Sometimes I look out at the desert and think that it's really an ocean.

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer, welcome to the Blogfest, and thanks for blogging about it to spread the word.

    We shall have fun in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Nice to meet you, looking forward to getting to know you through your writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! There are people here!

    Nice to meet all of you. Thanks for the award BST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't decided whether to participate or not... The fact that it starts in Oct (not this month) makes it more tempting. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah . . . I kind of wanted to do Gothnowrimo too. But this doesn't seem like a huge commitment.

    ReplyDelete