Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What looks like something Harry Potter related . . .

 . . . but really has nothing to do with Harry Potter at all?

Hint:  That new widget in my sidebar.

Actually, that wasn't a hint.  That was the answer.

I suck at this game.

So folks, I might actually try to commit to something again.  It's called The Rule of Three Blogfest.  And 'blogfest' is indeed one word.  No space.  I checked.

Oddly enough, it doesn't have anything to do with the TV show Charmed either.  It's a thing being done in October where people write a 2k word short story divided up into four parts.  Each 500 word segment is posted every Wednesday.  The story must have 3 characters, respond to a variety of prompts posted on Fridays and take place in a fictional town called Renaissance which sounds a little like a place called Twin Peaks.

Diane, it's 11:26pm and . . .

And I have a character spinning around my head right now.  This is the first thing they've said.

Sometimes I look out at the desert and think that it's really an ocean.

6 comments:

  1. Jennifer, welcome to the Blogfest, and thanks for blogging about it to spread the word.

    We shall have fun in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, as a member of The Rule of Three Writers Challenge, I've mentioned your blog and passed on (if you want it) the Versatile Bloggers Award. You can find the information here: http://wp.me/p1mecg-ek

    Thanks for joining, and Welcome to Renaissance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Nice to meet you, looking forward to getting to know you through your writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! There are people here!

    Nice to meet all of you. Thanks for the award BST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't decided whether to participate or not... The fact that it starts in Oct (not this month) makes it more tempting. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah . . . I kind of wanted to do Gothnowrimo too. But this doesn't seem like a huge commitment.

    ReplyDelete